Manchester United is set for a crucial clash as they travel to London to face West Ham United at the London Stadium in the Premier League this Saturday.
Erik ten Hag is under pressure to secure a victory and change the course of the club’s fortunes as they approach the New Year, following a goalless draw with Liverpool last Sunday.
United currently occupies the seventh spot in the Premier League, garnering 28 points from 17 matches this season.
West Ham sits just below in eighth place with 27 points. The outcome of this clash holds the potential to bring about significant changes for either team.
Challenges Faced by United:
The season has presented numerous challenges for United, ranging from a barrage of injuries that have severely impacted the defensive lineup to dealing with a player whose perceived self-importance overshadows contributions to the team.
The Glazers’ management over the past 18+ years has, according to many, turned Manchester United into a source of ridicule.
Predicted Manchester United Starting XI – 4-2-3-1:
– Goalkeeper: Onana
– Andre Onana, despite facing criticism, maintains his place in goal, sending a message from the manager about the lack of a suitable alternative.
– Onana, a professional goalkeeper, was the UEFA Champions League’s goalkeeper of the season last year but has faced challenges in the current season.
– Defenders: Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Evans, Shaw
– United’s defense, still grappling with issues, is expected to see Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw in fullback positions.
– The center-back options depend on Victor Lindelof’s fitness, with Raphael Varane and Jonny Evans potentially starting.
– Midfield: McTominay, Amrabat
– United’s midfield faces challenges with key players like Casemiro and Christian Eriksen sidelined.
– Scott McTominay, a recent positive, could partner with Sofyan Amrabat in midfield.
– Attacking Midfield: Antony, Fernandes, Garnacho
– The attacking lineup has struggled this season, with Antony, Bruno Fernandes, and Alejandro Garnacho facing scrutiny.
– Garnacho stands out as a player who has performed consistently amidst the challenges.
– Forward: Hojlund
– Rasmus Hojlund, a promising talent, seeks his debut Premier League goal, but the lack of creativity from behind poses a challenge.
– Anthony Martial, the only experienced alternative, has been lackluster.
In conclusion, the West Ham clash becomes a critical juncture for United, demanding a turnaround in fortunes and performance from the entire squad.